Monday, May 20, 2013

Monday Musings on books & writing

A few Monday Musings on writing and books...

1. I put up a short post today on the other blog with some "fun facts" about my character Becca from GIRL Z: My Life as a Teenage Zombie

2. Deep in proofing now. Gosh, amazing the things that get missed, or misspelled, or... how doe   does that happen??

3. It takes for-ev-er to get reviews, while you sit on pins and needles, wondering, waiting...

4. It's a good thing when you can still say after X number reads of your book that you still like it - and hope others do, too. See number 3 above.

5. When did libraries become so author un-friendly unless you are Dan Brown or someone famous?

Maybe I'll think of a few more later. Or got some musings of your own?




5 comments:

Debra St. John said...

Sounds about right to me. Waiting for those reviews is killer.

Another semi-related one is how do all of those 'big' author books go to print with so many mistakes?!

CA Verstraete said...


And we worry about a few that might sneak by? ha!

Deb Larson said...

hang in there, Chris! I bet the reviews will be worth waiting for!!
DL Larson

Margot Justes said...

You need a great deal of patience in this business, and thick skin.
Margot
www.mjustes.com

Morgan Mandel said...

Each time I do an edit, I feel like it's over. Then, when I edit the same passage again later, I know nothing is over for an author. There's always something to find and make better.

Sometimes, it seems hopeless to get everything just right, but, since I'm obsessed with writing, I carry on!

Morgan Mandel
http://www.morganmandel.com