Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Happy to Report

Girl of My Dreams
by Morgan Mandel
I'm happy to report that my second born book, Girl of My Dreams, went viral during the promotion last weekend, resulting in 16,465 downloads in the US, 3024 in the UK, 388 in Germany and 84 in Canada, with lesser amounts in other countries.

At one point, Girl of My Dreams reached #13 in Free Kindle Books, which is my personal best in KDP Select promotions! At 99 cents now, it's still doing well after the free promotion. Here's the link if you'd like to check it out: http://amzn.com/B0065R11QO

I hope everyone who clicked to download during the promotion will enjoy reading about the madcap adventures of the straitlaced assistant who became a reality show contestant. I'll be writing future romantic comedies later, because they're a lot of fun to do!

Next in the works is Blessing or Curse. Yes, I've been promising that for a while, but I'm almost through with my edits before it goes to the editor. I haven't paid too much attention to it, since I needed to give my already written books their due first. Blessing or Curse contains five separate romance stories about test subjects who take the Forever Young pill. This one's not a comedy, as it explores a range of emotions. Before doing another event, I plan on getting this book into shape.

As you may have guessed, authors don't have the luxury of just writing. Marketing is an important part of the business these days.

What about you? Do you spend time on special promotions? If so, what type?

Find all of Morgan Mandel's books at
http://www.morganmandel.com

Her romantic comedies are also at
http://www.chicklitfaves.com

Twitter: @MorganMandel

7 comments:

Maryannwrites said...

Morgan, I think Blessing or Curse will be a fun book. I like the idea of looking at one topic from four different viewpoints.

Yolanda Renée said...

Congratulations Morgan, that is awesome. I read and loved Her Handyman, you deserve the kudos!

Debra St. John said...

Way to go Morgan! Those are numbers to be proud of!

Good luck finishing your next "Forever Young" book. I can't wait to read more about your infamous pill!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Morgan! That must be such a great feeling.

Anonymous said...

I'd say this was a smashing success! Mind if I make reference to it on my Friday blog post?

Deb Larson said...

Awesome! I'm so proud of you. You deserve this - enjoy it to the fullest!!! You inspire the rest of us to keep going and work hard!
DL Larson

Morgan Mandel said...

Thanks for all the congratulations, folks!

Also, thanks to all who've downloaded my books and read them!

Sure Stephen, that would be awesome to mention my stats on your Friday blog post.

Morgan Mandel
http://www.morganmandel.com