Monday, February 25, 2013

Food for a book launch

With my book, GIRL Z: My Life as a Teenage Zombie coming out in July, I started thinking about what kind of snacks and food to have at a book launch. Well, launches. I hope to have several at different locations in Illinois and Wisconsin.

A natural seemed to be the brain cupcakes and.... well, how about some zombie cakes? I found an, er,     gruesome  "delightful" selection of possible cakes.... see links at GirlZombieAuthors (Warning! Some are nightmare worthy!)

I like the cupcake idea... have to find the brain mold, (I wonder if Hobby Lobby has one? have to check... Found one at Amazon, probably cost more to ship it. ha!) but here's the recipe.

*** So-- what have you served or what would you serve at your book launch party? What worked - what didn't?




3 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

Tomato juice, cranberry juice, strawberry pop - they look sufficiently bloody. lol

Morgan Mandel
http://www.morganmandel.com

CA Verstraete said...

Hiding your dark side, aren't you? haa!

Deb Larson said...

Bloody Mary's seems like a good choice for you! Or do some twist like "zombie girl" shots or martinies. Have fun!
DL Larson