Sunday, February 24, 2013

An End and a Beginning

We just got back from a weekend road trip that marked the end of basketball season! Whoo hoo! I do enjoy working with the cheerleaders as their coach, but come February, the season starts to seem really long. So it was nice to walk into our house a few minutes ago and breathe a sigh of relief.

With the season over, my schedule clears considerably. Between practices and games, I was out usually three nights a week. Add in travel to away games, and it didn't leave a lot of time to get much of anything else done.

My plan now is to use some of that freed-up for writing. I brought in the beginning of a mss I'd started (and set aside) ages ago for a critique a couple weeks ago. It was met with much enthusiasm, which gave me incentive to dust it off and continue working on it.

So that's the goal. To get some writing done. And on that note, I'll sign off so I can unpack and begin making some progress on that goal.

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

2 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

Sounds like you had too much of a good thing! Glad you'll have more time to write.

Morgan Mandel
http://www.chicklitfaves.com

Deb Larson said...

BB season does get long. Glad you have time to devote to your writing.
DL Larson