Sunday, April 1, 2012

Back in the Swing of Things

I just returned yesterday from a fabulous Spring Break in Florida. It's been a long time since we've taken the whole week and gone somewhere, and this was simply delightful.

We got to catch up with family, friends, and even got a chance to spend our anniversary with Mickey at Disney.

The weather was perfect: we went to the pool everyday, cruised in the convertible, and I for one, read and read and read (six novellas and two full-lengths). All in all, a much needed time away to rest and relax.

And now it's back to reality. Back to chores at home. Back to work tomorrow. Back to chilly temperatures. (Which really isn't fair because when I left for Florida, the Midwest was having Florida-like temperatures up here.) Back to long sleeves and pants - yeesh, no one is even going to see my tan.

But, all in all, it's actually nice to think about getting back into a routine. I've been spinning some ideas for edits on a mss in my head (my hubby even helped me do a little brainstorming in the car while we drove) and I'm itching to work on that today. School will be in the home stretch: One more quarter to go. And I do have to say it's lovely to be back in my own bed.

Vacation is a little like opening a really good book: it's a time to escape, a time away, a time to be somewhere else. And now it's time for "The End."

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

1 comment:

Morgan Mandel said...

I agree vacations are fun,but there's no place like home. I'm always happy to sleep in my own bed again.

I'm glad you had a good time!

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com