Sunday, May 18, 2008

The BIG Day!

Well, I can finally say it! This is something I've dreamed about saying for as long as I can remember. So everyone grab a pen and mark your calendars...the very first Debra St. John romance novel will be released on July 30, 2008 in electronic form, followed closely by the release of the print version on August 29, 2008. I am so thrilled. Apart from the "we want to offer you a contract" e-mail I received from my editor a few months ago, seeing the words "release date" in the subject line of an e-mail was one of the most exciting experiences of my life. Now I can get on with the business of scheduling release parties and submitting a new manuscript to my publisher.

"This Time for Always" will be published through The Wild Rose Press. Wild Rose is a relatively new publisher in the business, in fact we just celebrated our two year anniversary. I am here to say Wild Rose is wonderful! This is my first fiction publishing experience, and I couldn't have asked for a better one. My editor has been a joy to work with, and everything has been done in the most timely of ways. From submission to publication, less than a year will have passed. In the writing business, that is truly amazing. At The Wild Rose Press, they focus only on publishng romance, and they know their stuff and are good at what they do. The creative team that has been assembled, from editors to publicity coordinators to cover artists and beyond, is a group of some of the best in the business. I am truly blessed to be a part of the garden at Wild Rose and hope to have a long and successful relationship with those there. As I've discovered, making the transition from "I want to be a published author" to "I am a published author" isn't as simple as it sounds. But The Wild Rose Press has helped to make the transition a much easier, and highly enjoyable, experience. And I thank them with all my heart.

Whether you are a reader or a writer of romance, I encourage you to check out The Wild Rose Press. Visit them at www.thewildrosepress.com

Until next time,

Debra

"This Time for Always"
coming July 30, 2008 in electronic form
coming August 29, 2008 in print

www.debrastjohnromance.com

1 comment:

Morgan Mandel said...

Hi Debra,

Congratulations! I'm almost as excited as you are!!
I can hardly wait.

Morgan Mandel