Sunday, March 9, 2008

Winter Wonderland?

Okay, I'll admit it. I am sick of the snow. Here in the Midwest, winter is still raging, although the calendar tells us that Spring is almost here. I don't believe it. Because it's snowing...again. Aren't we done yet? Normally I enjoy living here. I like the change of seasons. But the seasons don't seem to be changing this year. I think it's been winter for about three years. Even the kids around here are complaining about the snow...that's got to tell you something.

The winter blahs are starting to get to me. I need to get motivated. I need to get moving. But all I want to do is sit on my couch with my feet up and a good book.

Which, I guess to put a positive spin on things, is the silver lining in all of this. A good book allows you to escape to anywhere. Far away lands, outerspace, back in time. You name it, you're there. No ticket or passport required.

So, no matter where you are, or what the weather is like by you, I encourage you to pick up a book today. It's a good day for it.

Until next time,

Debra (Who will be on page six on her way to a tropical destination in about five minutes!)

No comments: