Saturday, June 9, 2012

Are blogs effective by Margot Justes



Blogs take a bit of time to write, at least for me. I know that marketing has to be a factor in sales, and that name recognition goes to marketing and sales.


A midlist author needs that crucial name recognition to build a readership, and so it goes. E-book sales are a huge business and growing rapidly, and many of us are taking the plunge and going indie, and trying to build on that name recognition.


How to do it? One way is to blog and post all over e-net creation. That is an upside, our name is out there. There is also a downside. How many read all the blogs that are posted?  People are busy with everyday life.


Are blogs effective? Do the readers really get to know us through them? Is a shorter version of communication better? There is Facebook and Twitter, and many other social networks that take far less time and are a faster way to communicate.



What do you think, are blogs effective, or have they outlived their usefulness?


Cheers,

Margot  Justes

Hearts & Daggers

A Hotel in Paris

and coming soon Hot Crimes Cool Chicks

www.mjustes.com

3 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

I have heard that blogs are effective, but they're only one of the many tools available.

It usually takes me a long time to write a blog post also. I'm a slow writer as a rule.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

Deb Larson said...

I've oftened wonder the same thing, Margot! I do prefer blogging over facebook - simply because it's a bit more controlled.
DL Larson

Margot Justes said...

Margan,
I've read that blogs are no longer quite so important, because of time. You do so many, I can barely keep up with one.
Deb,
I go on fb and Twiteer but not every day, and I do my one blog a week. I realize I have to do more.
Margot
www.mjustes.com