Saturday, May 30, 2009

Too Many Things To Do by Margot Justes

Nice to know some things never change. I have so many things to do and projects to finish that I find I’m not doing anything at all.

Last night I needed to get a couple of books from Barnes & Noble, so I called my friend Miriam and said ‘Do you want to meet for coffee?’ The coffee thing I have going is real, my heroine Minola Grey would attest to that...

At any rate, Miriam said sure. So we met up for coffee after dinner and we sat and talked. I complained about the things I must finish, all the while sipping my coffee and having a good time. And yes I felt guilty that I was sitting in the café enjoying myself when my projects weren’t getting done. Odd.

I wonder if it’s procrastination. I’ve always told my inner voice that I work best under pressure. Lately my voice has been telling me, yeah, you’re lying to yourself and get to work, the pressure is already here.

So, today while writing this blog, I set out my list of things to do-have a cup of coffee, finish editing A Fire Within, have a cup of coffee-make a serious dent in A Hotel in Bath, have a cup of coffee-write a travel article about Paris, have a cup of coffee-do some marketing, have a cup of coffee-or I could just forgo everything and drink the darn coffee in peace and quiet.

But, my inner voice won’t let me, maybe more coffee…

Till next time,
Margot Justes
http://margotsmuse.blogspot.com
www.mjustes.com
A Hotel in Paris ISBN 978-1-59080-534-3
Art brought her to Paris, then a stranger’s death changes her life.
Missing ISBN 978-1-59080-611 1
available on amazon.com

1 comment:

Deb Larson said...

Margot:
I know the feeling well - the things I need to get done - I don't feel much like doing them. Yet I'm restless and want to do something!!
For me - it's tea! Hot, cold, weak or strong! I'm addicted.
Have a great day ~
DL Larson