Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Lovely Saturday by Margot Justes

I was asked recently for a blog thingy what makes me feel sexy-and the immediate response was-shoes, shoes and more shoes. I certainly wasn’t going to get personal.

Somewhat wired this morning, too many things to do and not enough coffee. I wasn’t planning on going anywhere today but stay home and work on A Hotel in Bath, write an article about Paris and finish editing A Fire Within and of course write my weekly blog. So, I had a few more cups and got ready to write. I’ll get back to the shoes-promise.

My friend Miriam called and asked if I wanted to go to Old Orchard. I said sure, I’ll meet you.

We had a bite to eat at Nordstrom’s cafĂ©; it’s a lovely, sunny day, everything is lush and green so we ate outside.

And of course we’re at Nordstrom’s, so we went to the shoe department-see, we’re back to shoes. Nordstrom and shoes go together. It’s a must visit. Tried one pair after another, and Miriam looked at the shoes I was trying on and said-those look really sexy on your feet. Sold.

I’m going to Killer Nashville in August and needed a pair of brown sandals. Tried a pair and they were lovely. And sexy. Sold.

In the process of trying shoes and chatting with people, I met a teacher from Park Ridge, gave her my business card and told her about the upcoming signing at Borders in Deerfield on May 23rd. She told me she’d share the information with her high school students.

All in all a pretty good Saturday, and I still have time to write.

Till next time,
Margot Justes
http://margotsmuse.blogspot.com
www.mjustes.com
A Hotel in Paris ISBN 978-1-59080-534-3
Art brought her to Paris, then a stranger’s death changes her life.
Missing ISBN 978-1-59080-611 1
available on amazon.com

3 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

And you thought you were taking a day off. There are no days off for authors. They're only opportunities.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

Margot Justes said...

Yes, and I'm glad I took it. Today it's back to the computer, but at least I have shoes.
Margot

Deb Larson said...

Margot:
I said shoes too! (for the what makes me feel sexy questions!!)
Cute!
Glad you found a couple pair - that's a great day!!
DL Larson