Sunday, May 10, 2009

Garage Saleing

Next weekend is the big community garage sale in my neighborhood. I used to love shopping it. I could always find loads of fabulous stuff for bargain prices.

But for the past several years I've been organizing our local Historical Society's part of the sale. So instead of buying, I'm selling.

It's interesting to have been on both sides of the table, so to speak. Both things have been fun.

What do you like best about garage saleing?

Do you like the shopping? What do you look for? Specific items? Impulse buys? What's the best thing/bargain you've ever gotten at a garage sale?

Or are you a seller? What's the strangest thing you've ever sold? What are people usually looking for when they shop? Are you willing to bargain or do you stand firm with your prices?

Well, if you're "in the neighborhood" next weekend, maybe I'll see you!

Until next time,

Happy Reading (or shopping!)

Debra

www.debrastjohnromance.com
coming soon from The Wild Rose Press
WILD WEDDING WEEEKEND

2 comments:

Kim Smith said...

I, too, have been on both sides of the table. It's interesting isn't it, how people bargain shop even at garage sales!!

Morgan Mandel said...

I love garage sales, also rummage sales and flea markets. I always find something unexpected that I like.
Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com