Thursday, May 28, 2009

Summer Time Activities! by DL Larson

The first summer holiday weekend has come and gone, and I spent the time painting instead of relaxing and having fun. But wait, I did have fun, mostly because I was with my family and we were sprucing up my daughter's townhouse. And beer was involved so it couldn't be considered entirely work related. But that got me to thinkin' ... where does work stop and fun begin? I also worked on my gardens a few days ago, a horrible chore with the weeds weeks ahead of me, but my husband came to my rescue and helped plant the hostas I'd purchased. We celebrated by sitting on the porch cooling off with a beer. I'm starting to see a pattern here.

We're a family of beer guzzlers, er, let me rephrase that. We enjoy alcoholic beverages now and then, especially in warm weather. Yes, that sounds much nicer, not as revealing as the other. It's one of our favorite summer time activities.
Wait, that didn't come out right. Let me try again. When two or more of us are gathered together, beer is there too. NO, that's not right either, well, it's true, but not what I wanted to reveal in public.

But it is a fact, drinking is a summer time activity for many and my family is no exception. And the mother in me, and the writer too simply wants to offer everyone a word of caution - be smart! Have a great time this summer, but awareness is the key.

Be aware that not every beer in the cooler has to be drank. It will keep for the next get-together. Having a good time also means being able to get home safe. Being safe is good. It's one of my favorite summer time activities!

Til next time ~

DL Larson

No comments: