Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Just a wee dram after a hard boot camp, if you please

Just a note as I'm pulling out my kilts and shining my combat boots to remind both aspiring and published writers that there is a reward for hard work. That reward could be publication, or it could be your own self satisfaction, but on February 2nd you can make that reward some of the finest Scotch Whisky on the planet. After the Novelist's Boot Camp workshop at this year's Love is Murder (www.loveismurder.net) conference and convention, we're very happy to once again have Martin Duffy, Master of Whiskeys, as the host for our annual Scotch tasting. Marty has promised to bring samples of the Classic Malts, a great lineup of fine Scotch from all over the isles. You'll get a bit of history, a wee dram of several malts, a bit of instruction on how to sample Scotch and bring out its true character, another wee dram, have a few laughs, have another bit of a dram, and repeat.
It's a great time and a great event, and even if you're not a big fan of Scotch before the tasting, you will be afterward!

2 comments:

Norm Cowie said...

I had a REALLY bad experience with Scotch back in college ... I kinda remember waking up in the grass covered with dew ... so I was reluctant to partake last year. I shouldn't have been! It was a blast. The whiskey was good, the bagpipe music was.. well, bagpipe music, but well worth the experience!
Norm

Margot Justes said...

You can keep the Scotch, it's the piper I want to hear. He was awesome last year. Maybe he can play a bit longer this year...
Margot