Monday, December 3, 2007

The Heat of the Moment

Jeez, it's cold out here in Chicagoland. Freezing my booty off.

That's why it was great to warm my little fingers over a brand new book that has all kinds of warmth in it... compassion and heat ... real heat.

The Heat of the Moment is a brand new anthology put together by Karen Syed of Echelon Press Publishing after her angst at watching the Patriots win another game, I mean, the tragedy of the wildfires in California.

In a very short time she bailed a bunch of us out of jai... er, assembled a very talented group of twenty one authors; and put together a poignant book that not only tells the story of fire and loss, but also goes to benefit those who have suffered from the callous fingertips of flame.

That's right, all of the profits go to the victims of the California wildfires.

It also provided us with the chance to express our appreciation and reflect on the valiant firefighters who risk their own lives and welfare to help save lives and property. Why, they would even be willing to help the Patriots.

Selfless, that's what they are.

And each of the authors was able to tell his/her story using characters from our own books and our own genres! I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that it was a great artistic experience to weave our characters around a common theme. Mystery, romance, sci-fi, humor showing all facets of fire and loss.

Anyway, help us spread the word. Buy a book and help people who have been driven from their homes.

Thanks, and, go Whomever is Playing the Patriots next week.

Oh, er, sorry. Can you tell I typed this while watching a game?

Norm
buy The Heat of the Moment at Amazon or www.echelonpress.com

(notice I'm not mentioning my website www.normcowie.com or my other books, The Adventures of Guy and The Next Adventures of Guy)

wait, I just did
no, you didn't
yes, I did
inconsiderate jerk
selfish rooster

No comments: