Sunday, October 21, 2007

Tom Jones Where Are You? by Margot Justes

I don't mean Henry Fielding's Tom Jones. I am referring to Tom Jones, the singer. A while back, I wrote a blog asking if anyone had a connection to Tom Jones. I sent a letter to the William Morris Agency (they represent Mr. Jones) and to date have received no reply.

I mentioned the lack of response to my publisher, and she recommended I write about Tom Jones. So here I go.

Tom Jones and I go back a few, quite a few, years. Lest anyone misunderstand, I am speaking figuratively not literally. I have listended to and enjoyed his music for years. The songs 'Help Yourself' and 'Delilah' are indeed significant to me personally, and I mention them in my book. His 'You're My World' I have recently discovered and also mention in my book.

You're My World' truly is a romantic treasure. That is the song I am after. I would like permission to use it in my book trailer.

In this huge wide web world, is there anyone with a connection to Mr. Jones? At least within the blog reading area. Who knows, Mr. Jones just might gain a few more fans. His music is romantic, touching, has depth and he has a great voice with which to deliver the message.

Anyone within the reading area-please forward a link to this blog to anyone you think might have a connection to someone who has a connection and so on, to Tom Jones...

My appeal goes directly to Mr. Jones. May I please have your permission to use 'You're My World' in my book trailer. I would be happy to send you an autographed copy of my book, and you would have my deepest gratitude.

Margot Justes
A Hotel in Paris
Echelon Press LLC, June 2008
www.mjustes.com

No comments: