Sunday, October 14, 2007

An interview with T.C. LoTempio by Margot Justes

Toni, tell me a bit about yourself?

I was born in New York City, and began writing very young when I'd change the endings of stories if I didn't like them. After a loooong absence, I took it up again in 1995, as a staff reporter for a pulp series magazine, SUSABELLA PASSENGERS AND FRIENDS. I had two novels published in 2004 and 2006 by PublishAmerica, A Spy in the Hand and Murder is Relative. Followed that up in 2007 with two from WhiskeyCreek Press, Bound by Blood and Ebony. Currently I'm shopping two others and preparing to write another romantic suspense

What inspired you to write your first book?
I wanted to prove that I could do it; I never had the opportunity to go to college and I wanted to prove that I could write just as well as some others.

What kind of obstacles have you encounted in writing and publishing yourbook(s)?
The occasional writer's block - and getting an agent - that's the biggie.

What advice do you have for people who want to write?
Keep at it - writing is a lot of hard work, and after that, the rejection can get to you. Develop a thick skin, and just keep at it.Over and over again.

Tell me about your latest release & upcoming books/works in progress?
My latest releast, EBONY, has been in the top 100 at Fictionwise since it's debut July 1st and was #2 for two weeks in July, outselling Stephen King (that made me faint). Currently I'm working on a paranormalromantic suspense to shop around to agents.

Visit my website at www.freewebs.com/toni1953.You can buy Ebony and my other books at www.whiskeycreekpress.com,borders, www.amazon.com and they can be ordered from Barnes and Noble.

Thanks Toni, Margot

Margot Justes
A Hotel in Paris
www.mjustes.com

No comments: