Saturday, March 20, 2010

Stuff by Margot Justes

I normally stay away from public political comments, but the 2010 Census got to me. The TV blitz wasn't enough, because I received a postcard in the mail telling me the census is on the way. Sure enough, the census came, and a week later another postcard arrived letting me know what number to call if I had any problems.

Couldn't that number have appeared somewhere on the census form? Saving a tiny bit of money considering what we owe, would have been nice. A start.

Economic crunch? What economic crunch, it's business as usual. The unfortunate often heard comment 'your tax dollars at work' seems to apply. Well, that's my gripe for the week.

On another note, totally not politically related and goes to librarians and booksellers-the RWA Chicago North Spring Fling is just around the corner, please register for this free event. And, if you register before March 31, you'll get a lovely goody bag. So, please do not delay. Here is the link www.chicagospringfling.com/bookseller.shtml
Just fill out the RSVP form and you'll be all set.

A bit of more stuff, Susan Miura and I are all set for our A Taste of Italy presentation fir kibraries, I'm very excited about it, because I'll finally get to write my Venice travel blogs. It's a work in progress.

Till next time,
Margot Justes
www.mjustes.com
A Hotel in Paris

1 comment:

Morgan Mandel said...

I haven't even looked at the census form. Better do that. I agree we didn't need a reminder letter first. In fact, at least they could have made it a postcard, which would have been less expensive.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com