My mail has been full of conference brochures, a sure sign spring is coming and with it many writers conferences. I wish I could attend all of them, but time and money simply won't allow that. If you have yet to make plans to attend a conference in 2010, now would be a good time to make some plans. Listed below are a few conferences for writers. All can be found on the internet and I have posted their website (if I've pushed all the correct buttons.)
Here are a few worth looking into:
- Write-by-the-Lake Writer's Workshop & Retreat, June 14-18, 2010; University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI www.dcs.wisc.edu/lsa/writing/wbtl.htm
-The Split Rock Arts Program, offers summer workshops and seasonal retreats in creative writing, visual arts and design through June and July - St. Paul MN
- Desert Dreams Writer's Conference, Scottsdale AZ, April 16-18, 2010
- Spring Fling 2010 Writer's Conference, Deerfield IL April 23-24, 2010. The very same conference many Acme Authors will be attending! www.chicagospringfling.com
- Write Touch 2010: Love is Brewing in Milwaukee (I love the title of this conference) May 14-16, 2010, Brookfield WI www.wisrwa.org
- Meacham Writer's Workshop, Chattanooga, TN, March 25-27, 2010 - I heard there is still room - but act fast! www.meachamwriters.org
- Las Vegas Writers' Conference, April 15-17, 2010 www.lasvegaswritersconference.com
- Making Something Out of Nothing Conference - Simpsonville SC, April 29-May 2, 2010,
That's just a few I found or was notified about; there are many more in May and June. Writer's Digest Magazine has several posted as does RWR magazine. I'm sure with a bit more searching the perfect conference for you will catch your attention.
If you know of a great conference, share it with us.
Til next time ~