Monday, July 13, 2009

Everyone needs a good PR person

I want to introduce you to the best PR person I have ever seen. Before I introduce her, keep in mind she hasn’t been in the business too long—only about two years now. She is dedicated, kind and it’s very hard to say”no” to her.

I will not keep you in suspense any longer, I am pleased to present, Miss Emily.






Yes, she is very energetic, some days I can’t even keep up with her, but books are her name and promotion is her game. She was in perfect form over the 4th while we were having our book signing. We gave her some bookmarks, business cards, and postcards. She made sure to get the word out. EVERYONE that passed by our table was offered something and if there wasn’t anyone passing by, she would hunt them down. She is a dynamo!






By Sunday afternoon we pretty much thought we were done, but not Miss Emily. No lie, and the ladies can back me up on this, we received a few sales that wouldn’t have come to be if it wasn’t for Miss Emily. People passed by, didn’t even look at any of us at the table, but took the bookmark that she offered, (I told you it’s hard to say no to her!) looked at it and came back. They said, “oh, you have books, and you’re the authors?” Bam another sale!

And she was very entertaining as well, kept us in stitches for a long while.

So, never underestimate the power of good PR.

(Sorry, Miss Emily is not available for new clients at this time; I try to keep her busy.)

Thanks, and happy Monday!

June

www.junesproat.com

9 comments:

Deb Larson said...

How delightful!! Such enthusiasm is contagious!! :)
Hats off to Miss Emily!
DL Larson

mystwood said...

We could all use a PR person like Miss Emily. Maybe she'll be available by the time I sell a book? :0)

Laurie

Anonymous said...

Using young kids with their boundless enthusiasm is a great idea. I'll have to employ my six year old who loves talking to people about Daddy's book. Thanks for the idea.

Steve Tremp
www.stephentremp.blogspot.com

chris v said...

You go Emily! What a great idea! Guess I have to go find a fourth grader as a sidekick!

Margot Justes said...

I can vouch for Miss Emily-a terrific and charming PR person-simply amazing...
Margot Justes
www.mjustes.com

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

How delightful! Everyone should have a Miss Emily.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com

Anonymous said...

Where can I find Emily?
Rob Walker needs an Emily!

Morgan Mandel said...

Miss Emily is the greatest PR person I know! I'm glad you share her with us sometimes.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
http://www.morganmandel.com

Mary Cunningham said...

We should all have a Miss Emily! Boundless energy, winning personality, unfailing enthusiasm!

Go Emily!

Mary

http://www.cynthiasattic.blogspot.com
http://www.woofersclub.blogspot.com