Monday, February 9, 2009

What a way to go...

This is my last official blog for Acme, and I've really enjoyed my time here. And what better way to go than the day after the Love is Murder conference.

I had a blast at LIM ... other than chasing Joe Konrath's ass...er, butt around for half an evening.

Going to a mystery writer's convention should have been like a fish swimming the desert for me, a humor writer-turned humor YA writer; but I never felt awkward there. At least, not any more awkward than normal. I mean, sure, my books would never be up for any of the awards (unless they had 'best awkward comedy'), but I never felt out of place.

And do you know why? It's the people. Awesome, friendly people who always had time for me, whether it was pre-published, after my first book, or now when my books are starting to take up some room on a bookcase ... a little bookcase.

ACME is much the same. When Morgan came to me and asked me to be a part of this new group she was starting, I was thrilled and excited to be included as part of the bunch. I met Rob Walker - with his forty something books - before I was published and he gladly took the time to have lunch together a couple times to shoot the sh...aving cream.

At LIM, more of the same. Barb D'Amato blurbed my first book. Two best selling authors agreed to blurb my upcoming YA book Fang Face, and others welcomed me into their drinking, er, social events.

I'm leaving Acme mostly to concentrate on marketing, to put more emphasis on writing for the younger generation, and those who supply them with money and books (parents and librarians).

But the friends I made will always be my friends. I'll still go to LIM, I'll subscribe to ACME, and I hope you follow me around too, as I embark on a crazy quest through immaturity. Fortunately, I am armed with my own vast reservoir of immaturity, so I consider myself girded.

I hope some of you will follow my blog, http://fangplace.blogspot.com, and keep in touch with me there. I promise I'll continue to write some pretty crazy stuff.

See you around, asquare, atriangle and other shapes,

Norm

www.fangface.homestead.com

2 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

Norm, it was nice to see you again at Love is Murder over the weekend.

I wish you much success with the new direction you're taking.

It's been great having you here at Acme as a regular blogger. We'll all miss you.

I'll need to stop over at the Fang Place now to get a Norm fix.

Take care,
Morgan Mandel
http://twitter.com/morganmandel

Deb Larson said...

Norm:
It's been wonderful getting to know you and your quirky wit.
Good luck with YA and keep in touch with us at Acme!
Blessing ~
DL Larson