Sunday, August 24, 2008

Reviews, and Releases, and Edits Oh My!

I am feeling a little "Dorothy-ish" these days. Like I've wound up in this amazing new world, and I'm not quite sure how I got there or what to do there.

This week I got my first review for THIS TIME FOR ALWAYS. And it was a dandy one. WRDF (Writers and Readers of Distinctive Fiction) gave it a "Top Read/Excellence". I was so excited I danced down the yellow brick road - a.k.a the den, the hallway, the kitchen, the living room, etc. (This was, of course, after I'd lamented to my husband that I hadn't had any reviews yet, so maybe no one liked it.) Feel free to check out the review at Between the Lines.


The end of this week (Friday, August 29) will bring the print release of THIS TIME FOR ALWAYS. Soon, I'll be able to hold a book that I wrote in my own two little hands! (And so will everyone else!) It's like getting a new brain, heart, courage, and going to go back to Kansas all at once!

Ah, and then the edits. I heard back from my editor at Wild Rose on a manuscript I'd sent out. She liked it, but did request some edits and rewrites. I thought of comparing her to Oz to complete my analogy here, but, for those of you familiar with the book, we know he turns out to be quite the humbug in the end, so, I think I'll go with Glinda. I have a fabulous editor who guides and encourages, but doesn't do it for me. (And she shouldn't, of course.) And in the end, when my goals and dreams are met, I find that I've had the ability to make them come true on my own all along, and simply needed a push (silver slippers) in the right direction. After all, there's no place like a well-written book. There's no place like a well-written book. There's no place like a well-written book.

So, now I am off to enjoy a beautiful day here in Oz - er, the Midwest - where the sun is shining, a breeze is blowing, and the temperature is just right. Because for as long as the adventure of being a published author lasts, I plan on soaking up every little bit of it...no matter where the road leads me.

Until next time,

Happy Reading,

Debra

THIS TIME FOR ALWAYS
by Debra St. John
from The Wild Rose Press
Champagne Rose and Rosebud #1 Bestseller!

ebook AVAILABLE NOW!
print release 8/29/08

No comments: