Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Life of a Writer

I'm taking a mini-vacation to get away from my regular life and guess what I want to do on my vacation more than anything else? Write!

I guess writers can't escape themselves.

Just about everything I do is within the context of my writing. Experiences are tucked away in my mind as possible scenes in a book that I'm working on or developing. I also hold onto the emotional feelings because I want to be able to relate that in words to my readers.

I've just finished the final rewrite of my first novel - a romantic suspense. Yeah!!!!!!

I will be reading it through once more for all those little details that a writer - especially a new writer - frets about before sending it off to a publisher or agent in hopes of a yes. I am prepared for the rejection letter however - just hoping that I will receive a positive respone instead.

So, on vacation I'm working, but then as a writer I am always working because every experience relates to who I am as a writer and the voice I am in the process of developing. This will be the way it is for me for the rest of my life.

Ah, the life of a writer!

No comments: