Sunday, September 30, 2007

Letter from Baltimore

I'm sitting in a hotel room in Baltimore, exhausted from two days of hawking my wares in my publisher's booth at the Baltimore Book Fair. This was a huge fair, with all kinds of awesome food (melted cheese crab pita was a must eat). There was music, Baltimore Orioles and Ravens fans, and unfortunately, thousands and thousands of ... New York Yankee fans.

With their baseball superiority securely in hand, Yankee fans flock to Camden Yards when the Yankees hit town, and strut around with their Dirt, er, Derrick Jeter shirts, looking down their New York noses at the Oriole fans. Baltimore gladly takes their money though.

Enough about them. Though we don't agree on baseball, they were approachable and enjoyed the book fair just like normal humans... heh.

Anyway, I'm not exactly bashful, so it was fun to accost, er, approach passersby and introduce them to my kind of humor. And it works. We sold out every copy of The Adventures of Guy and a goodly number of its sequel The Next Adventures of Guy. Most of the people who bought the first book promised that they would buy the sequel if they love the first book, so I'm feeling pretty good that I'll hear from them again soon.

I had never met my editors, Draumr Publishing, in person before, and Robert and Rida were awesome, gracious, and appreciative that I would fly out from Chicago. I also got to meet several other of Draumr's authors and we had a blast. Good food, great company and just a fun visit overall.

I also ran into a familiar face. No, not Cal Ripken. Austin Camacho, whom I'd met at Love is Murder in Chicago, was manning a spot in the Author Tent.

And, ...

(knock, knock)

Oh, I gotta go... my pizza has arrived.

Norm

www.normcowie.com
The Adventures of Guy ... written by a guy (probably)
The Next Adventures of Guy ... more wackiness

No comments: