Monday, September 10, 2007

So What the Heck Am I?

A humor writer?

A mystery writer?

A YA writer?

Judging by results only, I'm a humor writer. Both of my published works are humor. But, then again, they both are also fantasy and sci-fi and mystery.

(as in it's a mystery I got them published?)

Shaddup!

(make me!)

Fine!

Whap!

(Ow, dammit, that hurt)

Maybe one clue is that I'm a member of the Mystery Writers of America, but not the Humor Writers of America.

Wanna know why?

Cuz there ain't no Humor Writers of America. That's why no one takes humor writers seriously.

This all came up because I'm planning out some of my wanderings this year ... going to the Baltimore Book Festival later this month, Love is Murder in February and Erma Bombek Writer's Shop in April. Sprinkle a few local fairs (Orland, Kankakee, et. al) in there, and I'll get around, atriangle and asquare over the next few months.

But I venture into other areas. I'm currently working on a YA vampire novel, I'm shopping a kidnapping novel, one of my first ventures was a horror/sci-fi.

So what the heck am I?

A writer...

Norm

The Adventures of Guy ... written by a guy (probably)
The Next Adventures of Guy ... more wackiness

No comments: