Saturday, April 7, 2007

Let's talk About Paris

I love Paris in the spring, summer fall... you get the drift , I love Paris.

If you are lucky enough to find yourself in Paris this year, by all means visit the obligatory sites, check out Montmartre and meet all the Toulouse-Lautrec wannabes, do visit the Louvre, the Orsay, the haute couture mainstays, do stroll along the Seine and Visit Notre Dame, do all the things that make Paris one of the most romantic cities in the World.

OK, I am prejudiced, but do not, I repeat do not, skip the Rodin Museum. It is intimate, it is magnificent and most assuredly adds to the passionate essence of the city.

Your eyes can feast on the treasures as you stroll in his garden, or visit his home and get lost in the beauty around you. His presence can still be felt. There is even a cafe in the garden, where you can sit and sip a delicious cup , and ponder as The Thinker has done over the years, or admire Balzac in all his glory.

Ah, to be in Paris any time of the year.

A bientot,
Margot Justes

6 comments:

Romance Readers Digest said...

Life is ironic - I studied French at UCLA (mais j'ai oublie beaucoup de vocabulaire - c'est domage!) and my husband who grew up in the midwest and who speaks some Spanish has traveled to France while je n'ai jamais voyager en France. I grew up in Venice, California when it was a poorer suburb of L.A. where Spanish would have been more useful. Like I said, ironic! Oui, parlons de Paris!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I didn't know it was possible to make Paris seem more beautiful, but your words have painted a fitting picture.

Unknown said...

I did enjoy the Rodin museum when I was there but that was quite a long time ago. I hear the cemetary is a big attraction as well, though I didn't appreciate that as much as I apparently should have.

Deb Larson said...

Margot:
Someday I'll get to Paris! Great post! I knew you could do it.
:)
DL

Margot Justes said...

Thank you for the kind words,I love it...Terri, I have forgotten most of my French too, but not love of the people or the city.

Since I am still technologically challenged, I don't where in cyberspace this will wind up... here's hoping to success.

Margot Justes
A Hotel in Paris
June 2008, Echelon Press