Sunday, July 15, 2012

Summer Writing Journal - Entry #5

Okay, I'll admit it. I've been somewhat of a slacker this week when it came to writing. Truth be told, I didn't get anything done manuscript wise.

I did accomplish some other writerly things. I wrote a blog, commented on other blogs, and mailed two books out. One was a prize for the Sizzling Summer Reads Party at The Romance Reviews and another was for a giveaway basket.

I honestly thought about getting out the laptop and chipping away at my WIP, but I got sidetracked. *sigh*

I still don't have the offical paperwork on my contract for "An Unexpected Blessing". I'm hoping it will be released for Thanksgiving this year. In looking at a schedule from TWRP, the MS needs to go to production by August 15 with galleys approved by September 15. If we're a go for this year, the weeks ahead are going to be busy.

I'd like to say I'm planning on getting a lot of writing done today, but I have a library book due that I want to finish...

On a completely unrelated to writing note, we were on vacation (again) at the beginning of the week. If you're in the Chicago area, or just passing through along I-55, I highly recommend a stop in Pontiac, IL. It was the coziest town with the friendliest people. Lots of Route 66 memorabilia, three museums, two great walking tours (art cars and Walldog murals), cute shops, historic buildings, and great places to eat. We had a blast, and even had our picture taken by and with the Mayor! From the planning of this trip to its undertaking, the people there were friendly, helpful, and enthusiastic.

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

2 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

That's a really great picture with Route 66. It looks almost like a commercial!

Morgan Mandel
http://morgansbooklinks.blogspot.com

wendala2 said...

I am originally from Pontiac!!!! My aunt is a blogger on here. So glad you had a great experience in my hometown! They are doing some really great things downtown. Come back Labor Day Weekend for the Thresherman's Reunion and Parade. Great history there.