Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Best Laid Plans

I had the greatest plans these past two weeks. In addition to spending time with family and friends over the holidays, I planned on being a 'good' girl.

I was going to work out every day over vacation.

I was going to get a lot of writing done.

And then sickness intruded.

First me. Over the course of the past two weeks I've been sick twice. Nothing major. Just colds and sinus issues. But enough that the idea of the pounding of running or the upside down actions of Yoga and Pilaties was unappealing.

Then my computers (yes, that's plural with an 's') got sick. Virusus. Both of them. The PC and the lap top. At the same time. The lap top is still in the shop.

So, not much working out occured and not much writing occured.

All in all, it told me to not bother to make any New Year's Resolutions. Too much can happen in every day life to make the best of plans go awry. Don't get me wrong, I still would like to accomplish certain things in 2012. I'm just not going to put anything definite in stone. Because things change. Often. And a lot. Which I guess is what makes life exciting and unpredictable. So I'm going to go with the flow and see where it takes me...

Happy New Year!

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

1 comment:

Conda Douglas said...

Good reminders, Debra, that life sometimes intrudes on our plans!