Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mixed Marriage

My husband and I like to tell people we have a "mixed marriage". This has nothing to do with religious, political, or ethical views. Rather, he's a Sox fan and I'm a Cubs fan.

Yesterday was my day to bask in glory. His day is coming for this year. But I got there first. It's a nice feeling.

Being a published author is a nice feeling as well. This week I had my first on-line interview posted at Pop Syndicate. It was a blast to do! I had a really great review posted on Amazon. And I finally set the date for the release party for THIS TIME FOR ALWAYS.

All of this makes me feel great! I am enjoying every bit of my fifteen minutes of fame. I just hope it doesn't take another century for me to bask in the spotlight again.

Is fan loyalty enough of a conflict for a romance? Probably not. But it's a fun rivalry for my husband and me.

As for the Cubs...is it their year? I don't know, but it sure feels like mine!

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra

www.debrastjohnromance.com

3 comments:

Gayle Carline said...

Wow! I didn't know there were any Sox fans! Of course, if you're a true Cubs fan, their success is a little worrisome. Isn't the Apocalypse around the corner?

(go Cubs!)

Debra St. John said...

You said it Gayle! Maybe there's a pig flying somewhere!?

Morgan Mandel said...

I like both teams, but then again, I'm a fair weather fan. I only watch the games when they really mean something. Otherwise, I can always find something else to do.

Morgan Mandel
www.morganmandel.com
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com