Sunday, June 17, 2007

Ode to Fathers by Margot Justes

Since I am a day late and it is Fathers Day, I thought I'd dedicate this blog to fathers.

I am late because I'm fighting a nasty summer cold, dance recitals, birthday celebrations and of course Fathers Day. The weeked just got away from me.

Fathers, you nurture, you encourage, you help with math and science, you patiently wait for your child in the high school parking, and wait while your child is calling home asking who is going to pick them up from the ice rink.

You can never keep the schedules straight, but somehow you are always available to do what is necessary. You cheer your child in any endeavor, you comfort in any crisis. You tell your child they can do anything they want to do, they can soar to any heights, you tell your child you are proud of them.

Happy Fathers Day!

Till next Saturday,
Margot Justes
www.mjustes.com
A Hotel in Paris
Echelon Press, 2008

No comments: