Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Post Election Day Book Signing By Morgan Mandel







Today, I'm a little late posting, since I had a book signing to do this morning at Barnes and Noble, DePaul Center, Chicago, IL.

The fun thing about that place is it seems like most people going back and forth in the building are on a mission. Many are students or City of Chicago workers, so they're running out the door on breaks, or running in to report to work or class.

Also present are the lunch crowd and other Downtown shoppers. Today, being the day right after the election, some looked kind of tired. Others were searching for any kind of Obama books they could get their hands on. Others were asking for newspapers, which were already sold out.

Anyway, I had a great time observing and talking to customers, as well as Richard from Barnes and Noble who made sure I got a prime spot right in front of the Best Sellers, as well as a yummy strawberry frapuccino.

Despite the heavy competition from the President-Elect's books, I did manage to do quite well selling my mystery, Two Wrongs, and my romantic comedy, Girl of My Dreams. I also unloaded lots of bookmarks. I came home with my carrying case much lighter, which I was thankful about.

For my before post about the booksigning, see my daily blog at:
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

For my new group mystery blogspot, come on over to:
http://makeminemystery.blogspot.com

For a great editing blogspot, check out:
http://bloodredpencil.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Great news Morgan.

Cheryl