Saturday, November 22, 2008

Book Clubs by Margot Justes

You never know when a simple sale will lead to greater exposure. This summer I participated in the Frontier Days in Arlington Heights, IL. along with June Sproat and Morgan Mandel; we sold our books to a woman who was chairperson of a book club, and she asked us to speak at one of their meetings.

I have spoken at a couple book clubs and expected eight to ten people to attend. The event was held at a lovely country club and we were asked to stay for lunch, so I was looking forward to a small intimate event.

What a delightful surprise when I walked into the room and found about eighty members in attendance and of course all book lovers. Nirvana.

It was absolutely wonderful, I sold quite a few books, all my promotional material went and the group thanked us for the informative and great presentation.

The one thing I always walk away with from a presentation like that is inspiration and motivation to finish my projects.

Books are an incredible escape to wondrous worlds, and I can’t imagine never reading a book-but since I started writing I find that writing holds the same form of escape for me, now I’m actually creating my own little heaven.

I’m very excited that A Hotel in Paris is now available in the Kindle format, and the link is already set up on my website.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday.

Till next Saturday,
Margot Justes
A Hotel in Paris ISBN 978-1-59080-534-3
Art brought her to Paris, then a stranger’s death changes her life.
Missing ISBN 978-1-59080-611 1
www.mjustes.com
available on amazon.com

2 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

Yes, it was heavenly to find a roomful of booklovers we could share our experiences with!

Also, such fun to have them lining up after the presentation and buying our books!

What a great time!

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
http://www.morganmandel.com

June said...

I agree! I think the greatest thing was to have all those women really interested in what we had to share. I was a great time!

June
www.junesproat.com