Sunday, November 25, 2007

Full Moon -- by Larry D. Sweazy

Last night there was beautiful full moon against a cloudless sky. It was chilly. Quiet. When I let the dogs out in the backyard for the final time, I heard a great horned owl hooting in the distance. And I realized as I was about to go to sleep, other creatures were just starting their day. Owls don’t get a four-day weekend or a holiday from their troubles.

And neither do writers.

Or at least they shouldn’t.

Writing is not a Monday through Friday 9 to 5 life.

If that’s what you want, pick another profession.

I don’t know about you, but I worked every day this week on one thing or another. If you consider writing working. I don’t. I consider it breathing. The calendar does not dictate my schedule. Yes, I spent Thursday with family and ate a lot of food. But before we left to eat the noon meal, I put in a full day’s schedule.

Really, that’s all I have to say this week. Write every day.

Regardless what the calendar says.

No comments: