Saturday, January 26, 2013

Career Change by Margot Justes


The release of A Hotel in Bath, and my current writing projects made me realize that my retirement decision was absolutely the right one. I’m ready for a career change.

 There is a certain angst in leaving the familiar, the job you can do with your eyes closed, because you’ve done it for so long, but you also realize there is no longer a challenge  in the sameness, it is in fact mundane.  Once that certainty becomes obvious, the rest becomes easy.

 I have four full months left of gainful employment, after that I’ll be a full time writer. I’m looking forward to it.  It’s a demanding enterprise, this writing business, full of energy, pitfalls, ups and downs and everything in between. In other words, it is bloody marvelous.

 I’ve been blessed to work with some wonderful people, I’ll miss them, but I will not miss the work. Not one iota of it. Not one little bit. I’m ready for a new challenge, one that will allow me the freedom to do as I please, allow me to progress at my own pace, but most of all allow me to challenge myself.

 Whether I can make a success of it, remains to be seen, but I’m looking forward to the challenge.

 Cheers,
Margot  Justes

A Hotel in Paris
A Hotel in Bath
www.mjustes.com

3 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

All the waiting will be worth it!
As far as not missing your day job, I hear you on that one. I'm retired now. I miss some of the people, but never that job!

Morgan Mandel
http://www.morganmandel.com

Debra St. John said...

A full time writer...I can only dream! Good for you!

Margot Justes said...

Morgan,
I agree, miss people, not the job...ever.
Debra,
I cannot wait.
Margot