Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Little At a Time

I'm getting things done a little at a time. Lots of year end/beginning stuff to sort out. I usually throw my bills into a folder each month. At the end of the year, then I figure out which ones I really need to keep. Most get shredded or thrown away. I could do this chore more often, such as every month when a new bill arrives, but what fun is that? Or, I could go paperless, but for some odd reason I like to see the bills right in front of me, though I pay them online. I guess I'm still half in and half out of the old and new ways of doing things.

I'm employing the same approach to my editing of Blessing or Curse, the sequel to Forever Young: Blessing or Curse. After a while, my brain freezes from too much thinking, and I have to stop and go to Facebook, or some other place to thaw it out.

Still, I'm getting there. Blessing or Curse has 5 stories in all, and I'm halfway through editing the third one. Hopefully, I can finish it today, then only 2 to go.

I'd hoped to have this book finished sooner, such as in December, but I underestimated the Christmas busy-ness. Lots of fun and un-fun stuff kept getting in the way. My target now is February publication.

Everyone will know if I make my goal, because I will spread the word far and wide!

A peek at what Blessing or Curse is about:
  • Consuela's husband has Parkinson's. Will the young pill help him?
  • Ezekial suffers from E.D. Will the pill cure his curse?
  • Police officer, Mike, has let himself go. His physical is coming up. Maybe the pill will help.
  • Dee Dee wonders if her husband is cheating. Will the pill make her more attractive? 
  • Sherri's washed out as a model. Can the pill re-ignite her career?
Stay tuned for the answers!

Morgan Mandel

Check out all of Morgan Mandel's
books at http://www.morganmandel.com
or her Amazon Author Page at
http://amazon.com/author/morganmandel

Connect on Twitter at
@MorganMandel





2 comments:

Debra St. John said...

Sometimes taking things slowly a little bit at a time is the best course!

Good luck with finishing up those edits. I can't wait to read the next "Forever Young" book!

Margot Justes said...

Morgan,
Good idea to leave the project and do something else for a bit, and come ready for more.
Margot