Sunday, December 16, 2012

Almost There

With just over a week away, I'm almost ready for Christmas. The house is decorated, the cookies are baked, about half a the presents are wrapped, and most of the shopping is done. I just have a few more things to pick up.

Last night we went to an annual Christmas party at our friends' house. The week ahead is the last one before Christmas break. It's definitely the home stretch.

I'm also in the home stretch of the revisions for "This Feels Like Home". It's almost there. The trouble lately has been finding time to work on it. All of those holiday things are taking priority. Yesterday I snuck in about ten to fifteen minutes while dinner cooked. I got a page or so done, so that was pretty good.

I feel like I'm heading in the right direction, so that helps as well. At this point, I pretty much know what I need/want to do, it's just a matter of doing it. A nice change from previous moments of staring at the computer willing an idea to come.

My goal is to have the revisions done by the end of the year and to the editor by the time TRWP comes off of its holiday shut down at the beginning of January. Right now I'm feeling pretty confident that I'll make that goal.

After that, I'm pretty sure some of my New Year's Resolutions will center around writing: especially a kind of wacky idea I've been mulling over. But that's a topic for another time!

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

For your holiday reading pleasure:

A Christmas to Remember - from The Wild Rose Press - On sale for 50% off!
Mistletoe and Folly - a FREE read

3 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

It's more than half the battle over when you know what you want to write. It will keep percolating until you find time to get it onto the computer. Then you can fly through it!

Morgan Mandel
http://www.morganmandel.com

Debra St. John said...

That's my hope Morgan! And it is indeed percolating...

Deb Larson said...

Hope you find the time to get to it - after having a Merry Christmas!
DL Larson