Saturday, December 29, 2012

2013 Goals by Margot Justes

I've often heard it said that time flies. Today I would have to agree. We have two days left in 2012, and I wonder where the year went. It disappeared. Most of us have a routine, we get up we go to work, we come home, we work at home, and so on and on. The hours roll into days, the days into weeks, then months, and once again we're saying Happy New Year to one and all.

I don't remember making serious resolutions at the end of each year. This year I'd like to change that. My copy of the South Beach diet book made it to the kitchen table, for me that is indeed progress. 
Step number one is to read the book and adapt my eating habits. The second thing on my agenda is to finish A Hotel in Venice, and start my new paranormal novel. I don't even have a working title yet, but characters and plot are already in my head, and itching to get out. Love being a writer.

I'm not a fast writer and while I'm still gainfully employed it will be a challenge, but it's on my list nevertheless. The third and most important is to spend as much time with my munchkins as possible, busy schedules sometimes make that difficult, but we're already setting time aside. The last and least important goal is to learn how to use a smart phone. I haven't even bothered to learn how to use my un-smart phone. I wonder if that will be the real challenge?
The goals I set for myself are not impossible, and quite doable...She wrote hopefully

Have you set any goals for yourself? If so, would you like to share them?
Happy New Year!

Cheers,  
Margot Justes
A Hotel in Paris
Hearts & Daggers
Hot Crimes Cool Chicks
and coming soon A Hotel in Bath
www.mjustes.com

2 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

My goals are not necessarily New Year's goals. Just things I want to get done or achieve. I want to get my Always Young trilogy all done. So far, Forever Young: Blessing or Curse is done and published, Blessing or Curse is almost ready, but the last one, Always Young, has yet to be started. I'm also thinking of doing a sequel to Her Handyman.

And of course, I want to sell a lot of books!

Morgan Mandel
http://www.morganmandel.com

Debra St. John said...

These are fabulous, and very attainable goals. Good luck to you!

Happy New Year!

And I'm still laughing about the un-smart phone. I have one of those!!