Sunday, May 6, 2012

Writerly Goals for the Week

It seems like it's a busy time of year...then again, what time of year isn't busy? There always seems to be so much to do, and never enough time to do it. When that happens, I tend to put my goals in writing instead of just thinking about what needs to be done. There is much satisfaction to be gained from crossing things off of a list as they are accomplished.

For now I'm not going to think about things in other aspects of my life that need to get done. Instead, I'll focus on the things I need to do in my writer's life:

*Polish synopsis and cover letter for "Family Secrets" and send to the American editor at Harlequin. (This also involves a trip to the post office for international postage.)

*Finish revisions on "An Unexpected Blessing", give it a read through, and send it off to my editor at Wild Rose.

*Get organized so I can really put fingers to keys and make some progress on rewrites/revisions for "This Feels Like Home". (I've done some preliminary legwork, but now it's time to get serious.)

*Autograph and send copies of my books for a collective basket prize another blog is putting together for a June contest. (To be efficient, I'll do both post office things at once.)

And since 'real life' will also need to be accounted for over the next week, I think I'll leave it at that.

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

1 comment:

Romance, She Wrote said...

Hi there,

I am carful planner by nature and even I have been feeling overwhelmed with all the things I'm attemtpting to do (YouTube, Adword Campaign, running a blogging contest, Twitter, etc.).

There are days I feel like my mind is constantly racing. And I don't have an obsessive personality, at least not that I know of :-)

After reading this though it does make me think more and more than I need to start prioritizing and designating days to do certain things, like videos and blogging.

Thanks for sharing. Be well!