Sunday, March 4, 2012

All My Ducks in Row

Sorry to have been the absentee blogger the fast few weeks. Last week I was out of town and the week before...let's just say I was taking a little break from life. I had a pajama day: didn't get out of my pajamas and sat either on the couch or in my recliner all day with a book. It was the best day ever.

This weekend has been all about getting my ducks in a row. Friday I made a list of everything I wanted/needed to accomplish this weekend. As of right now, I have only one thing left to do on the list. There was a great deal of satisfaction in crossing things off as I accomplished them. Plus, I did a few things that weren't on the list.

Of course for today, I've come up with several other things that I can (should) do, but we'll see. Another book and that chair and blanket just might be too enticing!

I've also somewhat gotten my ducks in a row writing-wise. I finished my WIP: a Thanksgiving story called "An Unexpected Blessing", polished it up, worked up a query and synopsis, and sent it off to my editor. Less than 24 hours later I had a request to send the full mss. I certainly do love how quickly things move over at The Wild Rose Press.

The next thing I have to get in order are the rewrites/revisions on a mss I'd submitted last year. The editor sent it back saying it was a good story, but not quite ready to be published. It's been sitting on the floor of my den, patiently waiting its turn to be worked on.

Getting so many things done this weekend, and even finding a little time to relax, has given me hope that I'll be getting to that particular project sooner rather than later.

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

3 comments:

Margot Justes said...

Deb,
I love days like that, nothing to do but stay in jammies, drink coffee and a good book. I agree those are the best days.
Margot
www.mjustes.com

Morgan Mandel said...

There is something to be said for the satisfaction of crossing things off of a list. The trouble is there's always another one!

About the quick response you got from Wild Rose - That could be good or bad, depending on how fast you want to respond to them. (g)

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

Debra St. John said...

Margot...it certainly was lovely.

Morgan...I had my mss all ready to go...I never send out a query if it's not ready, so I sent it to her right away! Now the waiting begins!