Sunday, June 14, 2009

It's Official

Summertime has officially arrived!

Want to know how I know?

It's not the weather, it's been rainy and downright chilly here in the Midwest. It's not the calendar date, because according to that, we still have a week to go. And it's not even the fact that the kids are out of school.

So, do you know how I know it's officially summer here in Chicago-land?

Last night I had my traditional summer kick-off celebration: the Kenny Chesney concert.

The outlook didn't start off so great yesterday. The usual rain was falling in the morning, with a definite October-like chill in the air. But as the time to head off drew near, the skies cleared and the sun came out!

A couple of friends and I took the train downtown, then hiked our way over to Soldier Field for the concert. Which is actually more like a mini-fest of its own. Many people gather around the grounds before the event for some pre-concert fun. And there were four opening acts, which were outstanding.

But of course, the best part of the night was Kenny himself. That guy puts on one heck of a show. From his most poluar songs to covers of classic bands, it's a non-stop party for two hours with 20,000 of your closest friends.

The perfect beginning to summer.

And on that note, I'm off to enjoy the sunshine today.

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra

www.debrastjohnromance.com

coming soon from The Wild Rose Press
WILD WEDDING WEEKEND

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love some Kenny! I'm sure it was a great time!

Morgan Mandel said...

I am so jealous. I would have loved to see Kenny and the rest of the great lineup at Soldier's Field.

As you know, I'm a huge country fan.

Glad the weather got better. I was thinking of you Saturday morning when it was raining and wondering if it would clear up in time.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
http://www.morganmandel.com

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I wish is were raining here!

We know it's summer here when the humidity hits full force, as do the bugs. Sometimes that occurs early spring, too...

L. Diane Wolfe
www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
www.spunkonastick.net
www.thecircleoffriends.net