Sunday, June 20, 2010

Making Progress

It's been a great summer so far. (Well aside from the rain we've been having on an almost daily basis here in the Midwest...although I will admit even that has been nice in regards to keeping the flowers and gardens watered!)

I've enjoyed hanging out with friends and family, doing little mini-touristy things, and devouring a multitude of books. Right now I'm working my way through Joanna Carl's chocoholic mysteries...great, fun reads, but they have me craving chocolate constantly!

I'm even getting some writing done. I've put fingers to keys just about everyday this past week. I'm getting closer to my goal of finishing my WIP in early summer. With only 100 pages to go or so, and given that summer doesn't even officially start until tomorrow, I'm feeling pretty good about things.

This week we head off on vacation - which means no post for me next Sunday. The relaxing, enjoying, and reading will continue, but I'm not sure how much writing I'll get done. Rural Missouri, ATVs, canoes, and the swimming hole aren't the best places for a laptop. But, I'll probably at least bring some good, old fashioned pen and paper and try to do some scribbling that way.

So, until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

1 comment:

Morgan Mandel said...

Don't be surprised if you get some sort of inspiration on vacation when you least expect it. Maybe it will be the start of another great book!

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com