Thursday, July 2, 2009

Catching Up! by DL Larson

Hello fellow writers!

My husband and I just returned from a week spent with college friends! We met in the Ozarks, Osage Beach, Missouri, where the eight of us rented a lake house with boat dock and a pair of ducks we named Daisy and Donald.

The weather was steamy, temps climbing to 100 degrees, so we spent more time in the water than in our boat. The days moved much too quickly and now that we are home, we are scrambling to catch up with all the commitments we put on hold.

I know many folks are thinking of giving up a vacation this year due to the economy, but we and our friends decided to pool our monies together and it worked beautifully. We grilled out several nights, took turns fixing breakfast, etc. In other words we spent less money than if we all went our separate ways and ate out for every meal and staying in motels.

I hope you have a chance to take some free time this summer. I know I'm feeling reconnected with good friends and I can't put a price tag on the silly antics and retelling old stories of glory days.

So what plans do you have for this summer? A few days to get away? Or perhaps finish a project you started awhile ago? Share your ideas and plans with us at Acme Authors!

Til next time ~

DL Larson

No comments: