Sunday, July 12, 2009

Busy Busy

It's been a while since I've posted, but life is busy these days.

I actually had another post all typed in here today. But I was kind of complaining about all of the things that have gone wrong lately, and apparently the powers that be in Google-blogger world decided I was too whiney. I hit "post" and it told me it couldn't complete my request. Go figure. I rest my case.

But, I guess that's a hint to talk about nicer, less whiney things, so here goes!

Two weeks ago, I was on vacation down in the Ozarks. We spent a lot of time at the swimming hole, as it was hotter than heck that weekend. And we did the usually ATVing and I got to drive "my" John Deere Tractor. The place where we visited is also the setting for my WIP, so ideas were literally buzzing around in my head all weekend. Now all I have to do is get them down on paper.

Last weekend I had the opportunity to hang out with June, Morgan, and Margot at an all day booksigning. It was a great day. The highlight of my weekend. Met a lot of nice people and got to chat with my fellow authors. Thanks, ladies!

Tomorrow we're heading off on another vacation. Hitting the Quad Cities (and more John Deere attractions!). I can't wait.

So, until next time, I'll be here thinking happy thoughts, and I hope you'll do the same.

Happy Reading!

Debra

www.debrastjohnromance.com

4 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

You're right - obviously it was a hint that no one needed to hear the complaints today!

L. Diane Wolfe
www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
www.spunkonastick.net
www.thecircleoffriends.net

Debra St. John said...

Amen to that, Diane!

Deb Larson said...

Ozarks? I was down there too!! We might have splashed each other - er, passed each other!!
And hey, don't worry about feeling whiney ... you wouldn't be a writer if you didn't have bouts of that! But congrats for pulling yourself out of the writers gloom of despair!! :)
Enjoy your time in the Quad Cities and John Deere!
DL Larson

Morgan Mandel said...

It's okay to whine. It makes you feel better afterwards.

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
http://www.morganmandel.com