Monday, June 16, 2008

Just Chillin'

I'm in one of those places for a writer that I don't read much about, though I'm sure we're all been here. Well, I'm sipping some wine, but I'm not talking about that.

I just finished writing and editing a new book, and I sent it a couple days ago to a publisher who has expressed a desire to publish something of mine. So I'm pretty hopeful... though, of course, you never know.

Even more, it's my first stab at a new genre for me, humor/vampire young adult, though it should read okay for adults, or anyone else that likes my Adventures of Guy series.

So let's talk ... well, I'll write and you can read ... about this place I'm in. It's a crossroads of a sort. Over the last eleven months, my second book (The Next Adventures of Guy) came out, I wrote a story in the anthology The Heat of the Moment, I wrote and edited my new YA book and I wrote another short story that will appear in an anthology in August.

Not bad, considering that I have a day job, swim almost five hours a week, and do stuff around the house (you know, Dad-stuff, husband-stuff, ESPN-stuff).

But there's nothing going on right now ... I'm at a crossroads, a lull as it were. And now I have to figure out what to do next. Do I write the third Adventures of Guy ... or do I start on the sequel to an as of yet unsold YA novel. Ideas for both are spinning through my head ... or is it the wine? ... who cares ...

It's kind of a thrilling time, really, a time to sit back, set the brain on simmer, and wait for something to push me one way or another.

I'll get back to you on that.

(sip)

Norm

www.normcowie.com
The Adventures of Guy ... written by a guy (probably)
The Next Adventures of Guy ... more wackiness

No comments: