Wednesday, May 7, 2008

FIRSTS By JUNE SPROAT


Firsts

Hello all and thank you so much for inviting me to be a fill in blogger for Acme Authors.

When Morgan asked me if I would be interested I answered “YES” before I gave it much thought. That’s how I’ve been doing a lot of things this year. Jumping in with both feet and really not looking where I would end up. For the most part I’ve landed pretty well, lets hope the trend keeps up.

My first book came out in March. It’s a young adult book titled “Ordinary Me”. The main character, Kate, is a sophomore in high school who inadvertently foils an escaped convict’s getaway during her drivers ed class. Needlessly to say, Kate is thrust into the spotlight, and she thinks her life is over, and it is, well her life as an ordinary anyway. Overnight she is plucked from the ordinaries and plopped into the “in crowd”. At first Kate is in denial of her status change, but then she likes it, that is until she’s labeled a snob, her locker gets trashed and one other minor thing – she’s being stalked.

So basically, it’s teen angst 101 with a little mystery to keep things rolling along. I had a great time writing this book and it seems like it is being received well. At least that’s what I believe from the excellent reviews I’ve received, one which said reading my book reminder her of reading Judy Blume. Another first that turned out really well. I can die happy now.

Thanks for having me!

June

www.junesproat.com

No comments: