Monday, September 24, 2007

No Sense in 50 Cent

I'm mad at 50 Cent.

Yeah, I'm torqued at the rapper dude. Uh. he's a rapper, right?

Whatever.

Enneyway, ya, see, he got all up in my grill. He best be steppin' off, yo'.
IMA bust a cap on, ...

...um...

"What the heck is he talking about?" you're probably wondering. Don't worry, I'll get there.

It goes like this. Amanda Richards, one of the Top 100 Amazon Reviewers, wrote awesome reviews of both of my books, all in rhyme. I plugged the first one in my blog here a couple weeks ago.

Anyway, out of the blue, I received an email from her apologizing because now there was some negative stuff written about her review on Amazon's book site. Mind you, not about my book.

The review.

"Huh?" I thought.

"Huh?" I typed at her.

She went on to explain that she also reviews music, and apparently when she put in her two cents worth about the latest 50 Cent album, he, or some of his people, or some of his fans, didn't care for her negative review of his ...um...music, so they started attacking her reviews.

Unfortunately for one Norm Cowie, his was the one just before it. So now if you check out my book (The Next Adventures of Guy), you'll see her review (and another by another Top 100 reviewer). And you'll also note that less than half of the people found the review 'helpful.'

So basically, they attacked her bad review of his album by giving her negative reviews ... of her reviews.

She went on to tell me that the Amazon filters would probably cut out questionable stuff, and then she said that she would put the review up again at a later date so that this skirmish wouldn't reflect on my book, which she loved.

I guess I can't really get mad at 50 Cent, since in the long run I'll benefit by receiving more publicity. So maybe I won't have to throw away my 50 Cent CD's after all.

So now all I have to do now is go buy one, so that I won't have to throw it away.

Norm

www.normcowie.com
The Adventures of Guy ... written by a guy (probably)
The Next Adventures of Guy ... more wackiness

No comments: