Thursday, September 27, 2007

13th Harvest Pow Wow ~ at the Naper Settlement by DL Larson

FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!
Are you looking for an outdoor event to attend? Then this weekend, Sept 29 - 30th, come on out to the Harvest Pow Wow at the Naper Settlement in Naperville: 523 Webster Street. The Midwest Soarring Foundation has scheduled an action-packed cultural event for the public.

Admission is $8 for adults, and $5 for kids who are 12 and under. The gates are open Saturday 11:00 - 10:00 p.m. On Sunday from noon - 5:00 p.m. The Grand Entry begins at 1:00 p.m. on both days. And a second one at 7:00 p.m. Saturday evening.

Hoop dancers, singers, and drummers will be featured throughout the day. Children's crafts and games are offered; flintknapping demonstrations, raptors on display, and native artifacts will be there for your viewing. Plus plenty of food vendors and craft booths. The artwork is breathtaking, the jewelry is where most of my $$ ends up, and native American crafts are as diversified as each person's personality. The Naper settlement will also be open for exploring the many buildings and checking out the regalia of the era.

As you've probably figured out ... I'll have a booth. I'll be promoting my book, Memories Trail, a historical set in the 1800's, involving the War of 1812 and Tecumseh, the Shawnee warrior who dreamed of a United Indian Nation. My book is a love story and a war story. Midwest Book Review had this to say about Memories Trail ~ "... a story of war, passionate friendship, honor, and betrayl ... a story so full of compassion and purpose it will grab your heart and not let go ..."

I'll also promote my newest release, Promises To Keep, a continuing family saga started in my first book. It is set in 1840's Kentucky. Front Street Reviews said, "...Promises To Keep is a quick read, with a simple story line, yet has miles and miles of meaning and depth to it. I laughed, I cried, I hated, I loved... DL Larson explains in her very real-life novel that love is worth salvaging, no matter what..."

Midwest Book Review quote: "... in this outstanding novel, DL Larson has skillfully woven the tale of family and their struggles ... she lays bare deep hidden secrets, desires and fears; in doing so she weaves within your heart the emotions and commitment that true love brings forth, despite the hideous obstacles that would make the pale run and never look back ... an excellent read ..."

My books are cash and carry. Sorry I don't do credit or debit. Make checks payable to me: DL Larson!

If you'd like to learn more about the 13th Annual Harvest Pow Wow, visit www.midwestsoarring.org or call 773-585-1744 for more information.

To see more of my reviews, visit Amazon.com ~ Promises To Keep or Memories Trail, by DL Larson.

This will be my second Naper Settlement Pow Wow. Last year it rained on Friday night, during set up time, so on Saturday most of the ground I stood on was soggy and cold. But I had such a good time, a little bad weather didn't deter me. My booth was next to the chapel and I got to watch three weddings take place that Saturday.

The paved walkways in the park make it easy for strollers or small children. And parking is plentiful - or so I've been told. So come on out for a day of culture and entertainment. Oh, and yes, pick up a good book ~ preferrably one by DL Larson!

Til next time ~

DL Larson

No comments: