The frenzy of my book launch is a thing of the past. I used my marketing tools in my writers kit ~ media news in local papers, purchased a few ads at my own expense, commented on Facebook so many times I felt I was harassing my friends and their friends and then their friends. In other words, I promoted my book in several formats.
I just checked the book store's website and was pleased and a little surprised 'Promises My Love' was the top seller for that week. The store owner has not changed her list for July, so I don't know how things are going this week, but I plan to find out today when I visit the store.
What I find interesting is my book is competing with classics as well as new releases. Here's the list of top sellers at the book store where I held my book launch:
1. Promises My Love, by DL Larson - 2013 release
2. How to Read Literature Like a Professor, 2003 release
3. Lord of the Flies, by William Golding, 1959 release
4. Promises To Keep, by DL Larson - 2006 release
5. Penance, by Dan O'Shea - 2013 release
6. Pocket Style Manuel
7. The House on Mango Street, by Cisneros, 1991 release
8. The Testing, by Joelle Charboneau, (YA) 2013 release
9. The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fizgerald, 1926-2013 release
10. Bad Monkey, by Carl Hiassen, 2013 release
Every writer hopes and dreams their work will be remembered for years. Only time will answer that. But for now, promoting my new release was a good start. My next adventure is a blog tour. I've never done one, but hope it will be exciting. And most likely, time consuming.
My first stop will be at The Uplifting Reads on July 15. Please stop by: http://uplifingreads.blogspot.com
Til next time ~