Sunday, June 30, 2013

Summer Journal 2013 - Entry #4

I have to say, in a writerly way, it's been a fairly productive week here as we close out June.

I finally got around to updating my web-site. I've been needing to add review snippets from An Unexpected Blessing for ages now. It was also way past time move the covers and buy links for Blessing and A Christmas to Remember (you think?!) to the bookshelf page and make room for new covers. I added the cover, release date, blurb, an excerpt, and a link for The Vampire and the Vixen. And then I did something similar for This Feels Like Home, although I don't have a release date on that yet. Since the beginning, I've had my bio at the top of the home page on the site. I shifted that to its own page, so that when the site is opened, the first thing that pops up are the covers. I'm liking that much better. None of these are big changes, but enough to make things feel fresh and updated. Which is nice.

This week I found out that The Vampire and the Vixen will be offered free as part of the Kindle select program in August. Because of this, even though it's official release date with TWRP isn't until mid-October, it's already up and live at Amazon. Which is pretty cool. Those freebie days are really supposed to boost sales, so I'll be curious to see how that goes.

I also got the pre-galley files from my editor on Home. It is super exciting to be moving along on this project. Right now, the galleys are showing a copyright date of 2013, which means I might have two books out this year. How fun is that?

It also means I need to get my butt moving on another project so I have something for next year. And along those lines I am happy to report I did some actual writing this week! I wrote about 1,000 words on "One Great Night". (Basic premise: A twenty-something gal lacking confidence asks her brother's best friend to be her sex tutor. When I read the first chapter at a critique session earlier this year, it was met with much enthusiasm!) I know in the grand scheme of things that doesn't sound like much, but the fact that I got out my laptop and sat down and made progress of any kind was huge for me. It's the most new material I've written in probably almost a year. And I'm at that stage where ideas and thoughts on the story and circling my brain...so that's a very good thing.

Now that I have covers for both upcoming books, I need to get going on ordering promotional items, so that will be on the to-do list over the next couple of weeks.

So all in all, a successful week as a writer.

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

Debra
www.debrastjohnromance.com

2 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

What a nice surprise, Debra! I went over and ordered my copy right away!

Sounds like you're making better progress lately than I am! I really need to get my edits done, but so many things keep getting in the way!

Morgan Mandel
http://www.morganmandel.com

Debra St. John said...

Hey Morgan,

Well thanks for ordering the book!

I know all about things getting in the way, so I can relate.

Hopefully you'll break through soon...it certainly was a relief when I finally did. It feels good to be writing again.