Monday, October 8, 2012

'Tis the Season Boooooooo!

It's getting cooler and last night the frost literally was on the pumpkin.

 Halloween is coming!

 I love the colors, the bright orange dots in the fields... and the idea of what might lurk out there after dark.

 Loving scary stuff and getting scared, it seemed natural that I finally wrote a full-length Halloween-tinged book. GIRL Z: My Life as a Teenage Zombie will come out next year. Probably the most fun I had writing in a while (never mind when it wasn't working, or the editing, etc.) See short synopsis at website.

 I hear that Acme babe Margo Justes is writing ---- a vampire book? That charming lady has a dark side?

 Ok, 'fess up - who else has a dark side? Share your spooky faves you like to read or re-read (I love re-reading Dracula and Salem's Lot). Working on any spooky stories or books? Please share!

5 comments:

Margot Justes said...

Hey Chris,
Can't wait to see your Zombie cover.
I love being an Acme babe, and I loved writing about my vampire. Can't wait to start another one.
Margot

CA Verstraete said...

Margot, got a cover or synopsis yet? Can't wait to hear more!

Anonymous said...

Last night I read Oscar Wilde's "The Canterville Ghost" from a 1921 collection called, "Humorous Ghost Stories) on Gutenberg.com. We're watching a good bit of Hitchcock lately. "North by Northwest" is on the menu and we just saw "The Lady Vanishes" again as well as "the Night Train to Munich," though the last one mentioned isn't Hitchcock off the top of my head. It certainly could be and it is easy to confuse certain parts with "The Lady Vanishes."

At least one ghost protagonist has been hinting to me he wants to be in a novel AND a short story. We'll see.

--BrendaW.

Margot Justes said...

Chris,
I have synopsis and potential cover.
Margot
www.mjustes.com

Morgan Mandel said...

I haven't tried vampires or zombies, but I do write murder mysteries upon occasion. (g)

Morgan Mandel
http://www.morganmandel.com