When I was walking Rascal this morning, I noticed a bunch of ants on the sidewalk, all gathered around a piece of candy. My mind flashed back to last night. I was sitting at an outdoor concert, put down my pop can beside me on the ground, and before I knew it, the ants were swarming onto it.
If only it were that simple to attract readers!
Here are some methods, some of which I admit to be lax about, some I do faithfully.
1. Updated website - I confess to not getting around to changing mine in a while.
2. Personal and/or group blogs - I belong to quite a few. That's good and bad, because I can't focus on them all at once.
3. Social networks - I pay more attention to Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus, although I'm also on
4. Egroups - I belong to quite a few, try to keep up with them, but usually don't succeed
5. Updated Amazon Author Central Page - Yes, I've done that
6. Using KDP Select program at Amazon - No, because my books are all over the place and it would be too hard to reign them in. I plan on trying it for my next book.
7. Blog Book Tour - Yes, I've done that for each book.
8. Book Launch Party - Yes, I've done that each time I have a book in print. The last one was for Forever Young: Blessing or Curse. It took a while since I made it available as an ebook first. The one for Killer Career was the opposite, since I put it in print first.
What about you? Do you use any of these methods, or can recommend others?
What works best for you?
Find excerpts and buy links to Morgan Mandel's books at